I think the worst part of the whole process was the wait period. It was about 4 months from ordering online until the car showed up. The Nissan website does let you sign in and updates you on the progress of your order. I was hoping for more specifics: Hello sir, you car is being painted today. Maybe a picture of it getting its first charging. No such luck, just a constantly moving date in January that adjusted 3 days each direction when I checked.
The waiting time is long enough to second guess yourself. And third and fourth guess as well. Being human and susceptible to influence from my peers, I cautiously told people what I was doing.
A nurse I work with was the toughest critic. So how many "AAA duracells will it take?" "how many extension cords will you need to reach from home to work?" She finished off by saying: how's it sound when you rev it up?
I did notice something interesting though. The only people who laughed in my general direction were non car people. All of my car buddies seemed to understand it...and were genuinely interested.
I did get the last laugh with my nurse though. She just traded her 2 seat sports car in on a minivan to have room for her new baby.
Is he nuts. Why would he trade in our almost paid for Silverado for a glorified golf cart? Who is going to haul all my home improvement projects on his list?
ReplyDelete